Welcome to my blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Protect non-union workers from union violence

From the National Right To Work Committee:

In a few minutes I'll be heading over to the AFL-CIO headquarters.

As we enter Labor Day weekend, I can think of no better way to spend it than by remembering the suffering of the tens of thousands of victims of Big Labor's violence and intimidation.

For decades, honest men and women, merely trying to work and feed their families, have been the victims of union thuggery.

I'm going to celebrate this Labor Day by lighting a candle for those victims.

And while I'm down at the AFL-CIO, I hope you'll join our online vigil, by clicking here.

Over the years, equipment, cars, homes, and lives have been destroyed.

All because some union boss wasn't getting his "cut" of someone else's paycheck.

Every once in a while, the thugs get prosecuted for it.

But the union bosses -- the ones who organize, coordinate, and direct the violence -- CAN'T be prosecuted under federal law.

You read that right.

In 1973 the U.S. Supreme Court, in its infamous Enmons decision, ruled that union bosses were exempt from federal prosecution for coordinating campaigns of violence and extortion in pursuit of "legitimate union objectives."

As if any "objective" could legitimize vandalism, arson, battery, and murder.

But union bosses continue to claim that immunity regularly.

By drawing attention to this issue, you can help me close that loophole.

That's why I hope you'll click here to join our online vigil this weekend, light a virtual candle against union violence, and sign your petition in support of the Freedom from Union Violence Act.

The United States is a nation dedicated to the ideal that every man is equal under the law. No union official should be able to get away with crimes for which you and I would be sentenced to prison.

But until the Freedom from Union Violence Act passes, that is exactly what continues to happen.

That's why it's critical that your Congressman as well as the House Judiciary Committee Chairman hear from you today.

So please, click here to light your virtual candle and sign your petition today demanding action on the Freedom from Union Violence Act.

The union bosses have had this "get out of jail free" card for far too long. It's time for Congress to tear it up.

Sincerely,

Mark Mix

P.S. I'm heading out to light a candle in front of the AFL-CIO headquarters right now, to remember victims of union violence.

I hope you'll join me at our online vigil, and help me keep it going by lighting your virtual candle right away.

And if you can, please chip in with a contribution of $10 or more today to help me bring this issue to Congress' attention.


Sign petition here

No comments: