Welcome to my blog

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ron Paul endorses Paul Broun

From: Paul Broun
Date: April 24, 2013 03:42:56 PM EDT
Subject: [Ron Paul Endorsement]

Thank you for taking the opportunity to read Congressman Ron Paul's letter of support for my grassroots U.S. Senate campaign in Georgia.

We must elect principled conservatives who aren't afraid to stand up and fight to restore our Constitution and our republic.

I worked side-by-side with Dr. Paul during his time in Congress to cut government spending, repeal ObamaCare, and bring transparency to the Federal Reserve...

...And like Dr. Paul, I proudly served our nation in the Armed Forces.

With you on our side, I know we can build an effective grassroots team to defeat whatever the Obama-Democrats put up against us.

Republicans must re-take the Senate in 2014 and dismantle the destructive Obama agenda. We can't do that without holding the line in Georgia.

I've run tough campaigns before and have been through the fire. During my first campaign in June 2007, I ran against nine other candidates in a free-for-all special election.

Two of us advanced to the July runoff, where I squeaked out a victory over the Establishment's hand-picked candidate.

The very next year in 2008, the "go along to get along" Establishment challenged me again in the primary -- and I won. By November 2008, I had been on the ballot a total of four times in just 17 months. Trust me, I know how to win a GOP primary and build enough momentum to win again in the fall! For nearly two straight years I focused on meeting voters, knocking on doors, and maximizing my grassroots efforts in each of these campaigns.

That's what it takes to succeed in Georgia politics, and that's exactly what I'll do throughout my grassroots campaign for U.S. Senate.

Like Dr. Ron Paul, I recognize the value of public service. As a young man, I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserves and trained to become a jet engine mechanic.

From there, I continued my military service in the US Navy Reserves and completed medical school

I still proudly put on the uniform today as a doctor in the Navy Reserves, where I treat our men and women in uniform.

It's this life of hard work and sacrifice that allows me to fully understand what hardworking Georgia families are going through. Enough is enough. It's time to restore discipline to the federal government.

No more big government... No more higher taxes... No more deficit spending... These are the reckless policies pushed by President Obama, Harry Reid, and their deficit-spending allies in the Senate. It must be stopped.

The fact of the matter is we can't afford to send anymore big spending politicians from either party to Washington.

During my time in Congress, I have been a staunch and steadfast defender of our Constitution and our liberties.

I voted against TARP, the bailouts, and ObamaCare...

...And I routinely oppose other big spending measures that leverage our children and grandchildren's future to score cheap political points.

President Obama, Harry Reid, and the Democrats in Congress have had their foot on the gas for long enough. If we don't stop them, they're going to take us right off the financial and economic cliff! Dr. Paul and I reached out to you today to ask you to join my campaign, so we can put the brakes on the big spending Obama-Reid agenda in Washington. We must reverse course immediately.

I'm battle-tested and campaign-ready to run against whatever liberal Democrat candidate they recruit to run against me. But to win, I must have your support today.

With your generous support, I know I will be able to build a statewide grassroots network of committed conservative activists who will help turn out the vote and defeat the Obama-Reid-backed big spending Democrat.

Thank you for your friendship and support. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Congressman Paul Broun, MD
Republican, Georgia

P.S. I am proud to have the endorsement of former Congressman Ron Paul, who was a staunch defender of the Constitution during his time in Congress. Together we worked to balance the budget, oppose ObamaCare, and bring accountability and transparency to the Federal Reserve.


To contribute to Paul Broun's campaign click here

This is a good way to get a statist out of the Senate. This guy is endorsed by Ron Paul and if he is elected he will be the fourth voice next to Senators Rand Paul,Mike Lee and Ted Cruz. Broun would be the citizen's friend and the statist's nightmare. This can come true. That is if the electorate in Georgia backs us on this. Are they any pro-Ron Paul people in Georgia and will they elect Paul Broun? I hope so but like the rest of the country I have to sit and wait for the outcome.

No comments: