Welcome to my blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

A father's plea

From Demand Progress:

Over the past five months, I have been heartened to see the memory of my son galvanizing such a powerful movement for change. I can tell you, it's what Aaron would have wanted.

It has been your efforts that have led some lawmakers to pursue an investigation of Aaron's vindictive, cruel and disproportionate prosecution. When the Justice Department appeared before the Judiciary Committee to discuss Aaron's case, Senators Patrick Leahy, John Cornyn, and Al Franken all pushed for answers. And for that they deserve thanks.

Click here to join me in thanking these Senators for their efforts and urge them to keep pushing for answers about Aaron's unjust prosecution.

At the request of these senators, the Department of Justice recently briefed Senate Judiciary Committee staffers on their prosecution of Aaron -- but more questions remain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: my son was destroyed by a system and prosecutors that still don’t understand the nature of what they did.

They destroyed my son by their callousness and inflexibility.

Click here to thank those lawmakers who've aided our effort to expose the absurd and abusive nature of Aaron's prosecution.

The work of changing that system -- of getting answers to our unanswered questions about Aaron's prosectution -- remains before us.

For now, it's important that those lawmakers who've already joined our cause know that we are thankful, and that we will continue to stand with them as they use their power to hold the DOJ to account and seek justice for Aaron.

Click here to join me in thanking them for pursuing the investigation, and let them know that we'll stand with them as they keep pressing forward.

Thank you,

Bob Swartz


Petition:click here

No comments: