Welcome to my blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Obama tries to silence the National League of Taxpayers

From The National League of Taxpayers:

A knock at my door.

Standing there will be IRS "auditors" demanding I turn over the name and address of EVERY National League of Taxpayer member and supporter.

And if I dare to refuse?

We will face outrageous fines that would cripple the National League of Taxpayers during this all-important 2014 election year and force us to shut our doors . . .

I wish this were all just a joke. I wish this was just some political horror story from some third-world dictatorship.

But other organizations have seen this kind of thing in recent weeks.

And I’m afraid the National League of Taxpayers will be one of Obama’s IRS’s next targets.

So I’m counting on your IMMEDIATE action.

As you’ll see, I’ve created a special National League of Taxpayers Supporter's Directive.

Won’t you please fill it out IMMEDIATELY?

There’s not a moment to waste.

This is just the next step in President Obama’s all-out WAR on anyone who dares to stand up and FIGHT BACK against his radical agenda.

I know you’ve heard of the outrageous targeting of Tea Party and pro-limited government organizations from President Obama’s IRS ahead of the 2012 election year.

Sadly, that’s FAR from the end of it . . .

For years, the National League of Taxpayers’ members have been in the forefront in the battle to ensure tax-and-spend big government politicians are held accountable.

After all, virtually all politicians CLAIM to be “fiscal conservatives!” Or for “cutting waste!”

But today, our nation is swamped in $17.5 TRILLION in debt due to Washington, D.C.’s out-of-control spending!

So just months ago, President Obama’s IRS concocted outrageous and ultimately unconstitutional new rules threatening the National League of Taxpayers with audits and harassment if we DARED to publish:

“Communications that are made within 60 days of a general election (or within 30 days of a primary election) and clearly identify a candidate or political party.”

Can you imagine how much worse off our national fiscal situation would be if tax-and-spend politicians had no fear of being called out for their votes to RAM through more radical big government boondoggles like ObamaCare?

Fortunately, good folks like you from all over the country stood up and beat back this new IRS rule -- at least for now.

But now Obama’s henchmen at the IRS have come up with a new scheme.

If court action by NLT and other organizations prevail as the courts rule unconstitutional President Obama’s IRS's attempts to stop us from holding their puppet candidates accountable, they’ll just go right after our organization’s contributors!

I’m afraid that’s why the IRS has already gone after other organizations' lists of supporters.

It’s so they can harass and intimidate anyone from even thinking about opposing President Obama’s radical policies or his puppet candidates ever again!

I can hardly put into words how serious this is -- or what horrific ramifications this could have if you and I don’t fight back . . .

That’s why I’ve made the promise to protect the name of every individual contributor and supporter at all cost.

There’s just too much that could go wrong!

Fortunately, both federal law and case law back my position . . .

In fact, I have no doubt that ultimately the courts will rule the IRS’s demands blatantly unconstitutional.

But for President Obama and his ilk at the IRS, I believe this has less to do with winning in Courts than silencing groups like NLT before the Congressional election in November 2014 and the presidential election in November 2016.

After all, court challenges can take years!

And any resources I devote to legal fights these next few years will mean we’ll have fewer resources to devote to holding tax-and-spend politicians accountable this critical election year. Today, that’s really what this is all about.

It’s about crippling and silencing the National League of Taxpayers during this all-important 2014 election year.

After all, President Obama knows the political winds are blowing against tax-and-spenders this election year.

And he will do whatever it takes to hold onto every last bit of power he can!

So I have a decision to make -- a decision I just can’t make today without your direction.

Here are my options . . .

OPTION #1: Do I just write off the November 2014 elections and focus all of the National League of Taxpayers’ resources on the legal fight -- which is probably exactly what President Obama wants;

-- OR --

OPTION #2: I’m not sure I could ever look myself in the mirror again if I did this, but do I just go back on my word and give in to the IRS and turn over individual NLT contributors’ and supporters’ names in order to keep our pre-election mobilization programs going;

--OR --

OPTION #3: Do I make the decision to go ahead and FIGHT back everywhere -- all while knowing I’ll need a massive and IMMEDIATE influx of resources or I could be paving the way for utter DISASTER.

Of course, I know what the right choice is.

But the reality is I can’t fight everywhere without your commitment and generosity today.

That’s why I must ask you to please fill out your National League of Taxpayers Supporter's Directive IMMEDIATELY.

And if the choice you make is OPTION #3, please agree to your most generous contribution right away.

Some people have already given as much as $500.

Others have sent $50 or $100, but no matter how much you give, whether it's chipping in with $10 or a larger contribution of $150, I guarantee your contribution is urgently needed and will be deeply appreciated.

This could not be more serious. Every American citizen who values their freedom has a HUGE stake in this fight.

So please at least consider $50.

And if that’s just too much, please agree to $25 or at least $10 right away.

I'm counting on your action today, and I’m anxiously waiting on you to tell me how to proceed.

I’m afraid time is short. So please act at once.

Sincerely,

Gary Paumen, President
National League of Taxpayers

P.S. Other pro-limited government organizations have seen it.

It's only a matter of time before your National League of Taxpayers receives a trumped up demand from the IRS to hand over our member and supporter list -- or face outrageous fines or even imprisonment.

This is nothing more than another outrageous Obama administration scheme designed to cripple the National League of Taxpayers and other groups before the 2014 and 2016 elections and force us to shut our doors.

So I must ask for your IMMEDIATE direction.

Please fill out your National League of Taxpayers Supporter's Directive and agree to chip in with a contribution of $10 or whatever you can afford IMMEDIATELY!

No comments: