Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

This hurts

Ted Cruz is running for President. I would love that to be but unfortunately it cannot be. Why? Because Ted Cruz was born in Canada. According to the United States Constitution:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Source

It's with a heavy heart that I type this. I would have loved a Cruz Presidency. If he were born on vacation in Minnisota there would be no problem but as it stands there is just no way. The only thing he can do is step aside. Rand Paul and Mike Lee,both native born Americans can take up the pro-liberty banner that Cruz was carrying. Like I said I type this with a heavy heart and a lot of disappointment but I'm confident that Paul and/or Lee are up for the task.

No comments: