Welcome to my blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

The statists are going after Congressman Thomas Massie

From Congressman Thomas Massie:

If you support raising taxes, increasing spending and whittling away at Americans’ freedom, BOTH parties and their lobbyists will embrace you with open arms.

But if you DARE to stand up to the status quo like I have, you’ll be targeted for defeat!

That’s exactly what’s happening to me right now!

I’ll tell you more about exactly what I’m facing shortly.

But first, with the Fourth Quarter Fundraising Deadline for 2013 rapidly approaching on December 31, I must count on your support right away.

The truth is, I ran for the U.S. Congress in 2012, not to make a name for myself, but to make a difference.

Now, the Big Government establishment of BOTH parties is coming after me with everything they have to send me home in 2014.

In fact, their first recruit for a REPUBLICAN primary against me is a career lobbyist!

He’s spent his career pushing for HIGHER taxes and new Big Government regulations on everything from cars to mom and pop restaurants.

Without a strong fundraising quarter, I’m afraid it will only embolden the statist enemies I’ve made since my election.

And I can tell you, they’d love nothing more than to take me out for my strong stands, including:

***Cosponsoring legislation in the U.S. House to ban domestic drones;

***Joining fellow Patriots Sen. Mike Lee, Sen. Ted Cruz, and two-dozen brave Representatives in the only serious Congressional effort to defund ObamaCare;

***Standing up against domestic NSA spying, forcing the U.S. House to vote on legislation to stop this madness;

***Introducing legislation to repeal unconstitutional Gun Free School Zones;

***Voting “NAY” both times my colleagues suspended the debt ceiling so they could keep racking up debt;

***Turning down the Congressional pension and taxpayer-funded health benefits when I came to Congress;

***Being endorsed by Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and Mike Lee in my 2012 Republican primary bid when I upset the establishment’s handpicked candidate who gave up her State House seat in what was supposed to be her “coronation” to the U.S. House;

***Leading the fight against the establishment’s Internet Sales Tax scheme with a thirty-minute speech to kill momentum for the bill in the House of Representatives.

I ran for Congress because I believe America can be saved.

I think liberty and freedom are worth standing up for.

I know you do too.

That’s why I must count on your support right away.

The Big Government crowd, after all, has the deep pockets.

They’ve been leeching off our taxpayer dollars for years.

And they have every intention of unloading their war chest to come after me.

That’s why it’s so critical you stand with me today.

You see, national political experts are all watching my campaign.

With a strong fundraising quarter, you and I can prove to the establishment my campaign has the backing of grassroots patriots all over our country . . .

And if you and I are serious about turning our country back from the brink, we simply MUST prove our side has the numbers and we’re willing to FIGHT!

If we don’t, it will only embolden those who are targeting the last of our Constitutional freedoms for outright elimination.

So please act right away.

Please agree to your most generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or $25 right away.

Of course, if you could possibly afford it, the maximum contribution under federal law is $2,600 -- or $5,200 per couple.

That’s a lot, I know.

All I ask is that you please just give whatever you can right away.

Thank you so much for your support.

Sincerely,

Thomas Massie

P.S. If you support raising taxes, increasing spending and whittling away at Americans’ freedom, BOTH parties and their lobbyists will embrace you with open arms.

If you DARE to stand up to the status quo like I have, you’ll be targeted for defeat!

That’s exactly what’s happening to me right now.

With the Fourth Quarter Fundraising Deadline rapidly approaching on December 31, I simply must count on your support right away!

Please agree to your most generous contribution of $250, $100, $50 or $35 TODAY!


To Donate

No comments: