Welcome to my blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Join Senator Rand Paul's class action lawsuit

From Rand2016:

I'm suing the NSA. Want in?

A few days ago, I announced filing a class-action lawsuit against Barack Obama's National Security Agency and its unconstitutional spying on Americans.

Now I’m looking for ten million Americans to stand with me by joining this lawsuit to TAKE BACK our rights.

Can I count on your help?

Without it, I truly fear where our fragile Republic could be headed . . .

Recent news reports revealed that Barack Obama’s NSA is looking through billions of our emails and phone records every day!

But my friend, today I’m counting on your support as well.

As you’ll see, I’ve made up a Joining Statement for you to join my class-action lawsuit and I’m counting on you to sign it IMMEDIATELY.

You see, I believe this is an absolutely critical and defining moment . . .

My hope is it will be remembered for decades as the moment the American people stood up to their government and demanded our liberties be respected.

But I fear, without your help, it could instead be the moment the American people quietly shrink from a fight and instead hand their last bit of approval over for government-run lives.

I know there are those who argue that Americans must give up every last one of their liberties to win our country’s ongoing fight against terrorism.

"Trust us," they say.

I also know their promises of safety can be tantalizing.

But today we know President Obama’s IRS routinely targeted his political opponents and grassroots conservatives.

The Justice Department targeted reporters and their families for wiretapping and harassment for daring to criticize the administration.

We see the Obama administration covering up Benghazi, then tapping Susan Rice -- who helped mislead the American people in the wake of that outrage -- for a promotion.

"Trust us" is out the window.

And even if our rulers were angels -- and you and I had nothing to fear from an overbearing and intrusive government -- it still doesn’t work.

One of my colleagues, defending this massive program, stated the Boston bombing proved why we need programs like this.

Actually, it proves quite the opposite.

Instead of acting on real intelligence warnings from at least one other nation about the dangers the bombers posed, government agents were too busy secretly sifting through the phone and email records of hundreds of millions of Americans.

Instead of unreasonably targeting every American for spying, they should be focusing on only the truly dangerous.

This is an astounding assault on the Constitution and what’s truly dangerous is if you and I allow this to go on.

That’s why in addition to my class-action lawsuit I’ve introduced the Fourth Amendment Protection Act in the U.S. Senate.

This bill will prevent the government from sifting through the emails of American citizens and require them to obtain a warrant before searching data of specific terrorist suspects.

How long until these spying capabilities suffer some "mission creep" and they start using the GPS feature in your phone to track whether or not you go to gun shows?

What if you go to the "wrong" church? Or read emails from or attend the rallies of the "wrong" candidate?

That’s why your action today is so critical.

As I mentioned, I’ve made up a Joining Statement so you can join the lawsuit, and I’m counting on you to sign and return it to me IMMEDIATELY.

Go ahead and forward it to the uncle or cousin you always get in arguments with at Thanksgiving as well.

This isn’t a partisan issue. It’s an American one.

And if you and I care at all about the future of our Republic, we need as many folks as possible to stand up and fight back.

I believe each new name joining in this lawsuit increases the likelihood of ultimate victory.

By joining my class-action lawsuit, you can help stop the government’s outrageous spying program on the American people.

And your support will send a powerful message to my colleagues in Congress, many of whom want to just sweep this scandal under the rug and carry-on business as usual.

I believe we can win this.

I believe we must win this.

As I made clear in my recent FOX news appearance, I’m prepared to take this all the way to the Supreme Court.

If we can get tens of millions of Americans behind this effort, I believe we can win.

But I can’t do this without your help.

So please sign your Joining Statement to join my lawsuit IMMEDIATELY.

And if you can, please agree make your most generous contribution of $500, $250, $100, $50 or $35 TODAY.

If that’s too much, please chip in at least $10 or $20. Every dollar counts.

With your support, I’ll immediately begin mobilizing Americans from all over the country to this fight.

But to do that, I’ll have to pull out all the stops -- and not just with email, Internet ads and social networking.

I’ll have to use mail, phones and perhaps even radio and TV to get my message out as well.

This kind of program won’t be cheap. It’s an absolutely critical one for the survival of our Republic.

So please sign your Joining Statement and agree to your most generous contribution of $250, $100, $50, $35 -- or even $10 or $20 -- IMMEDIATELY.

Thanks so much for your support.

In Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul

P.S. Just a few days ago I announced filing a class-action lawsuit to end the madness of Barack Obama's NSA spying on Americans.

It seems every day we find out how more information is being sucked up, and how you or I could one day be targeted.

Meanwhile, real threats to our security, like the Boston bombers, slip by unnoticed.

That's why I’m counting on you to sign your Joining Statement to join my class-action lawsuit, and make your most generous contribution of $250, $100, $50, $35 -- or even $10 or $20 -- IMMEDIATELY!


Click here to join the lawsuit

No comments: