Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Help Campaign For Liberty stand up to the IRS

From Campaign For Liberty:

“DESTROY ALL ENEMIES.”

With time running out in the Obama presidency, I suspect that’s the secret battle cry emerging from the White House right now.

Today, with the April income tax deadline come and gone -- and flushed with more American tax dollars than ever before -- the Big Government goons at the IRS can set their sights back on their number-one priority this critical election year...

And that’s doing whatever they can to PUNISH organizations like Campaign for Liberty for refusing to hand over the names and confidential information on a handful of our supporters.

This is not a drill.

As Campaign for Liberty’s finances stand right now, I will have no choice but to surrender to President Obama’s IRS henchmen and shut Campaign for Liberty’s doors, should the legal threat I’m bracing for materialize.

That’s why I’m counting on your IMMEDIATE action.

According to our finance and legal departments, Campaign for Liberty must raise an emergency $75,000 by midnight on Thursday, April 28, to have the resources it'll take to fight back.

Can I count on your immediate contribution of $50 before the deadline to help me resist their attacks?

When the knock on the door comes, their demands will be for the names, addresses, and other confidential personal information on select Campaign for Liberty contributors.

For more than two years now -- with the support of good folks like you -- I’ve fought the IRS’s attempts to cripple Campaign for Liberty with everything from legal threats to $10,000-a-day fines.

But now, after coming so close to passing Audit the Fed in the U.S. Senate -- and our efforts to INCREASE Senate pressure by passing the bill through the House -- the situation with the IRS is getting more serious by the day.

I’m not sure I can hold them off much longer -- even with everything you and I have on the line in 2016.

After putting a majority of the Senate on record in support of Audit the Fed, the banksters, corporate lobbyists, social welfare bureaucrats, and big spending statists in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. now understand we can’t be ignored. We’re just too “dangerous” to the survival of the racket they’ve created.

And I’m afraid they’re counting on the IRS to do their dirty work for them by targeting Campaign for Liberty for DESTRUCTION.

Make no mistake -- when they come for us, C4L will be in full financial crisis mode.

That’s why I need your IMMEDIATE action.

Will you chip in an emergency contribution of $50 to help me resist? Please make your contribution before Thursday's midnight deadline.

I know I’ve asked a lot of you lately.

But the last time they came for us, the initial fight devastated C4L to the tune of over $125,000.

Let me explain the stakes very clearly.

You see, just recently, Campaign for Liberty’s accountants and senior staff prepared our annual financial statements for submission to the IRS, as required by law.

Once again, I instructed our staff to REFUSE to comply with IRS demands and leave off any identifying donor information.

As a 501(c)(4) organization, Campaign for Liberty contributor information is supposed to be CONFIDENTIAL.

This is a critical protection I wholeheartedly support. Privacy and liberty go hand-in-hand. When Thomas Paine published his pamphlet Common Sense in 1776, he did so anonymously.

Forcing organizations like Campaign for Liberty to publicize donor information would have an incredibly chilling effect on political free speech.

Many liberty-loving Americans would silence themselves for fear of becoming targets of political retribution.

So there’s no way I would ever just hand this kind of information over to these government bureaucrats.

That’s just not an option.

After a case where the National Organization for Marriage complied with IRS demands and promptly saw their donor information publicized, the IRS has only occasionally attempted to “enforce” this rule...

... EXCEPT with Campaign for Liberty.

Twice now, after filing with the IRS and leaving off confidential donor information, we’ve received threatening letters from the IRS imposing outrageous daily fines that could have forced us to shut our doors within weeks.

In those cases, it took a firestorm of public opposition, led by good folks like you -- and the threat of our attorneys filing a federal case that could have ended up at the Supreme Court -- to force the IRS to finally back down.

But even in backing down, they refused to admit they were wrong, showing they fully intend to come after us again when the heat dies down.

Now, after C4L members and supporters forced the recent Senate vote on Audit the Fed -- proving how effective we can be -- I fear the pressure is on the IRS from ALL corners of the federal government, and its cronies, to come after us with everything they have.

And with the April income tax deadline passed, the IRS is free to turn its focus against its political enemies -- that means you and me.

So today I’m coming to you once more.

Can I count on your immediate contribution of $50 to help make sure Campaign for Liberty has the resources to fight back against the IRS?

The IRS is as corrupt as ever. Lois Lerner is STILL walking free -- even after revelations she used a fake email address under the name “Toby Miles” to hide how she was using her power to target pro-liberty groups.

Half-hearted attempts by Congress to force the IRS to stop targeting political enemies haven’t changed anything.

In fact, a recent audit by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office showed how internal IRS controls are skewed to justify targeting religious and political organizations.

It’s no accident!

Our government today views anyone who dares to stand up to them as an enemy.

With virtually unlimited government resources and slick Obama administrations' lawyers, the power the IRS wields is staggering.

Sure, their attacks on Campaign for Liberty and others are blatantly UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Sure, I have no doubt we could face them down in court.

But at what cost?

Campaign for Liberty is run on a shoestring budget. We don’t have millions lying around in the bank.

This fight is about draining our funds.

This is about forcing me to take resources off of other critical programs -- like Audit the Fed and our 2016 election year efforts -- just to keep our doors open.

Let me be clear. As C4L’s finances stand right now, I will have no choice but to surrender to President Obama’s IRS henchmen and shut Campaign for Liberty’s doors should this legal threat materialize.

When the IRS responds to our annual filing, either with an angry letter or a sneering agent at my door, I can’t wait around -- not without risking potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.

I asked for your advice in March. And your response was a resounding, “Stand up and Fight!”

I heard you, loud-and-clear.

But to continue the fight to pass Audit the Fed AND stand up to the IRS is simply impossible without an immediate influx of funds.

That’s why I’m counting on you to make your most generous contribution to my Emergency IRS Attack Money Bomb.

Please act quickly. As I mentioned, I need to be prepared the moment I hear back from the IRS.

If you understand the dire state of things today, I know you will at least consider going above and beyond what you’ve given in the past with a contribution of $50.

I know that’s a lot. But this is the IRS we’re talking about. This is not a game.

But if $50 is just too much, please agree to $25 or at least $10.

With the stakes getting higher every year, I have to ensure you have my back on this every year and every step of the way.

Without it, I could be sealing a horrific fate for Campaign for Liberty.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
Chairman

P.S. With time running out in the Obama presidency, and with the April tax deadline come and gone, the Big Government goons at the IRS are free to set their sights back on their number one priority this critical election year...

That’s doing whatever they can to PUNISH organizations like Campaign for Liberty for refusing to hand over the names and confidential information on a handful of supporters.

And as Campaign for Liberty’s finances stand right now, I will have no choice but to surrender to President Obama’s henchmen and shut Campaign for Liberty’s doors, should the legal threat I’m bracing for materialize.

Will you please click here to make your contribution of $50, $25 or at least $10 to the Emergency IRS Attack Money Bomb IMMEDIATELY?

No comments: