Welcome to my blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Rand Paul on the November elections

From Rand2016:

I know you’ve heard the old saying, “money talks.”

Well, I’ve been in Washington, D.C. long enough to tell you plenty of people here have heard it too!

That’s why this March 31st has been circled on their calendars for weeks now.

You see, that is the End of Quarter Fundraising Deadline.

Immediately following, I must turn in my financial report for the last quarter.

And I can promise you, all eyes will be on me during that critical time so that's why I've set a goal of raising $150,000 by the reporting deadline.

Mainstream media types and Washington, D.C. insiders know a big fundraising quarter for me will send a loud-and-clear message to President Obama and Big Government politicians in BOTH parties that the American people are insisting on a return to limited government and constitutional principles.

I can’t think of anything more important with so many fights still raging in Congress and November 2014 now rapidly approaching.

So won’t you please contribute as generously as you can today?

I know it’s hard to look at Washington, D.C. and be optimistic about anything when we’re constantly barraged with news about:

***Our federal government’s $17.4 TRILLION in national debt. In real terms, that’s almost $220,000 for a family of four!

***The disastrous ObamaCare roll out, which recent CBO reports say will cost $2.6 TRILLION we don’t have, 2.5 million jobs we need and still leave 30 million Americans uninsured!

***Government spying on American citizens, which has exposed a constant string of NSA abuses and outright disregard for our Constitution’s Fourth Amendment.

And I haven’t even mentioned new schemes still being considered.

The National Internet Sales Tax, which would dramatically increase taxes on many "mom and pop" small businesses, could still rear its ugly head before the 2014 elections.

So could gun control.

So could misguided immigration reform efforts that still do virtually nothing to ensure proper border security.

Besides the economic costs our country is bearing because of our national debt, I fear we’re leaving future generations of Americans – our kids and grandkids – with nothing but fewer freedoms and less opportunity.

Only in Washington is this irresponsible behavior viewed as “consensus.”

I won’t stand for that and I’m determined to fight.

That’s why this next End of Quarter Fundraising Deadline is so critical.

At a time when both Congress and the President have approval ratings in the basement, if I can have massive and growing support, it will help me prove that the American people are fed up with Big Government schemes.

I can’t think of anything more important this election year.

So much is at stake this November . . .

Will the next U.S. Congress be controlled by those who will kowtow to President Obama’s every wish?

Run by those who only throw up tacit opposition?

Or will it be controlled by those who think our remaining freedoms as American citizens are worth fighting for?

Your action today will help decide that.

As I mentioned earlier, “money talks.”

Not just for the national media. Not just for Washington, D.C. insiders.

But also for those running for office.

A big fundraising quarter for me will also help show the candidates running for office that staying true to their word by standing up and fighting for constitutional conservative principles, as I’ve done, is a sure way to get rewarded by grassroots patriots.

After all, I’m just one man.

One U.S. Senator from Kentucky.

At the end of the day, it’s really the millions of grassroots patriots like you who hold the power to turn our country around.

And despite all the madness we see in Washington, your action is making a difference.

Last year, hundreds of thousands of Americans from all over the country stood with me during my 13-hour filibuster, which ultimately forced President Obama to admit he could not deploy drones to target for killing American citizens on U.S. soil.

You and other patriots swamped the offices of my colleagues with phone calls, emails and petitions to beat back President Obama’s initial push for gun control.

And not long ago, good folks like you forced the Obama administration to halt its misguided march to war in Syria.

These victories were only possible because the politicians in Washington saw that you stood with me.

But memories are short in Washington, D.C., and it seems politicians love repeating the mistakes of the past. So it’s never been more important you stand with me once again.

I know you understand the problems we’re facing as a country right now. And you’ve proven you can make an enormous difference here in Washington, D.C.

I’ll continue the fight. I will never back down. But I need to prove you’re still in my corner. And there’s not much time.

So please chip in a contribution of $10 or $20 today.

The press would love nothing more than to report “Washington, D.C.’s Big Government establishment is winning.”

Without a big fundraising quarter, I can guarantee you, that will be the headline. And it will be used as an excuse by politicians in BOTH parties to ram through all sorts of new outrageous schemes.

That’s why your support today is so critical.

Please agree to chip in a contribution of $10 or $20 at once!

In Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)

P.S. March 31st is rapidly approaching. This is the End of Quarter Fundraising Deadline. Immediately following, I must turn in my financial report for the last quarter.

And I can promise you, all eyes will be on me during that critical time.

Your action -- standing with me over the past several months -- has made an enormous impact in Washington, D.C.

But politicians in Washington, D.C. have short memories. That’s why I need you to prove you’re still in my corner. So please chip in a contribution of $10 or $20 TODAY!

So I hope I can count on your support to help me raise $150,000 by the March 31 deadline.

No comments: