Welcome to my blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Support Audit The Fed Support HR 24

From Campaign For Liberty:

"Monetary morphine."

That's how some are now referring to the Fed's risky and unprecedented print-now, ask-questions-later policies.

As a doctor, I can tell you morphine is one of the most dangerous and addictive substances known to man. First, just a little of the opiate masks a patient's pain. But then, addicts crave more and more until overdoses result in death.

The Fed has tried hard to mask many of our economic problems for years now. But today, the first cracks are starting to appear in what I believe will be nothing less than a Federal Reserve-created, global financial meltdown.

And every second Congress waits to finally audit and EXPOSE the Federal Reserve - the first step toward finally ENDING the Fed once and for all - the problems get bigger and bigger.

That's why it's critical you sign your Audit the Fed petition right away.

As you'll see, this petition urges your U.S. Representative to do everything in their power to achieve a standalone, roll call vote on the Audit the Fed bill (H.R. 24), including cosponsoring it if they haven't yet done so.

As Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid showed us during Fed Chair Janet Yellen's confirmation fight - when he blatantly broke Senate rules rather than allow so much as a vote on Audit the Fed - he'll resort to any dirty trick in the book to stop you and me.

But the truth is, there's never been any defense in Washington, D.C. against a tidal wave of angry Americans DEMANDING political action - or politicians' hides.

That's exactly why I'm counting on your action today to help me create that tidal wave of outrage before it's too late.

You see, just recently, news broke that Wall Street bigwigs, including George Soros' investment firm, held off-the-record private meetings with Fed officials, where they urged a new round of Fed "intervention" to prop up Europe.

Apparently, the TRILLIONS in bailouts and secret loans the Fed has issued to overseas banks in recent years aren't working.

Now,some foreign banks are fearing old-fashioned panics and demanding depositors show proof of need just to withdraw "large amounts" of their own money! And I'm afraid it's only a matter of time until this madness reaches our shores.

Today the U.S. dollar acts as the world's "reserve currency" - the currency most often used in international trading.

This has encouraged our federal government's monetary morphine high, enabling Congress to spend like drunken sailors as U.S. dollars - even when printed out of thin air - stay in demand around the globe.

But as foreign economies crumble and stop needing U.S. dollars - and the Federal Reserve continues to print money like there's no tomorrow - I truly fear an all-out, global financial catastrophe resulting in the collapse of the U.S. dollar.

And our massive and growing $17.3 TRILLION national debt could end up wiping out every last shred of American wealth.

That's why your action today is so critical.

If you and I can FORCE Congress to Audit the Fed, the American people will finally see that the Federal Reserve System leads to:

***Ever-expanding Big Government boondoggles like "ObamaCare."

Now that politicians have figured out the Fed will just create money out of thin air to pay the bills if taxing and borrowing can't make ends meet, the floodgates are wide open for even more of the statists' utopian plans;

***Constant economic crises.

The housing crisis and the resulting chaos is just one example of an economic bubble created by centrally planned interest rates and money manipulation;

***The destruction of the middle class.

As fuel, food, housing, medical care, and education costs soar, everyone who is NOT on the government dole is forced to make do with less as the value of their money sinks;

***Currency destruction.

History shows us that riots, violence, and full-scale police states can result when people finally realize their money isn't worth the paper it's printed on and REFUSE to accept it.

That's why it's so important you help me turn up the heat on Congress today!

I know that despite an outpouring of action by the American people during Janet Yellen's confirmation hearing, Senator Reid flat-out REFUSED to allow a vote on Audit the Fed.

But luckily for him, my ability to participate in the fight was limited by federal law.

As a former Member of Congress, I was restricted on what I could say and do regarding legislation and grassroots mobilization for one year after leaving office. For example, I couldn't even directly ask you to call Congress for or against a piece of legislation.

But those restrictions were lifted on January 4.

And with so much at stake, I'm more determined than ever to FORCE Congress to act on auditing the Federal Reserve.

Without an audit, I'm afraid there could be no stopping the economic calamity you and I both sense roaring at us like a freight train.

The good news is your action is proven to work.

Just ten years ago, discussion of the Federal Reserve was limited almost solely to libertarian academics and a few of us in Congress.

Today, it's a MAJOR national political issue - one supported by nearly 75% of the American people.

And it's your action in support of Campaign for Liberty that put it there.

Thanks to your help, my Audit the Fed bill passed the U.S. House with an incredible bipartisan three-fourths majority in 2012. And if you and I can create another massive tidal wave of action in 2014, I'm convinced there will be no stopping us.

But there's no time to waste. You and I have a LOT of work to do.

And it all starts in the House.

Today, the House version of Audit the Fed (H.R. 24) stands at 184 cosponsors, just 34 short of a majority.

If you and I can pressure a majority of House members to cosponsor Audit the Fed, pressure will dramatically increase on the House Leadership to schedule a vote.

I'm confident, once a vote is scheduled, the bill will sail through the House yet again.

At that point, will Senator Reid and President Obama really be able to say "NO" to holding a vote?

Well, 2014 is an election year.

As I mentioned earlier, Audit the Fed is supported by nearly 75% of the American people.

"Thanks" to ObamaCare, NSA spying, and a host of other issues, the political winds are already blowing against President Obama and Senator Reid.

If they want to add Audit the Fed to the mix, it'll be their political funeral in 2014.

The American people are FED UP with Big Government politicians trying to run their lives.

And more and more now understand Federal Reserve banksters aren't running our economy anywhere but into the ground.

That's why it's so important you sign your petition IMMEDIATELY.

My hope is to contact up to 12 million Americans from coast-to-coast to generate additional petitions to Congress.

That alone will dramatically turn up the heat on Congress to take action. But I'm not going to stop there.

In fact, I've instructed Campaign for Liberty staff to craft a $500,000 Internet, email, and TV mobilization campaign.

Not only that, but it seems just about every other day, I get a call from another news network asking for an interview.

Now that my restrictions have been lifted, I'm going to come after the Fed with everything I have.

But I'm just one man. And I know what it's like to stand alone.

For almost 40 years, I've fought to restore constitutional principles in America.

I've warned about the dangers of the Fed.

Today, as much as I hate to see it, my predictions are coming true.

But I know I'm not alone any more. The support of good folks like you who are willing to take action to save our beloved Republic gives me hope.

So won't you please sign the petition to your U.S. Representative at once?

And, if you can, please agree to your most generous contribution.

Campaign for Liberty doesn't have the money in the bank to fund everything that needs to be done.

And I know without money, all our best-laid plans are nothing but words on paper. So I'm counting on you to help me turn up the pressure on Congress.

Won't you please agree to a generous contribution of $15?

I know I'm asking you to stretch.

But I also know you understand just how important it is we finally Audit the Fed and FORCE our federal government to give up its addiction to "monetary morphine."

Of course, if $15 is just too much, please give what you can.

Perhaps you can give $10 or $5?

Regardless of what you can give, please act right away.

Please sign your petition and agree to your most generous contribution of $15, $10, $5, or whatever you can afford IMMEDIATELY.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul
Chairman

P.S. Every second Congress waits to finally audit and EXPOSE the Federal Reserve - the first step toward finally ENDING the Fed once and for all - the problems get bigger and bigger.

Now that my legal restrictions have been lifted, allowing me to turn up the pressure on Congress higher than ever, Campaign for Liberty is doubling down on its efforts to Audit the Fed before the Federal Reserve destroys every last shred of American wealth.

That's why it's critical you sign your petition to your U.S. Representative and make your most generous contribution of $15, $10, or at least $5 TODAY!

No comments: