Welcome to my blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Back Rand Paul as he stands up to the statists to defeat the Patriot Act



From Rand2016:

While many Americans are gearing up for another early-summer weekend, I'm gearing up for an all-out fight Sunday afternoon.

When you and I won our stunning victory last week -- defeating every attempt to extend or reauthorize the worst of the so-called "PATRIOT Act's" ILLEGAL spying provisions -- that was just the beginning.

Since then, I've been attacked viciously by the Obama White House -- the same President who ran for office pledging to end these spying schemes as part of the "hope" and "change" he was offering the American people -- for daring to stand up for the Constitution I swore to uphold as a U.S. Senator.

That's business-as-usual for the Washington Machine: Campaign on nothing but lies -- and then deliver the American people the status-quo.

If you want a new direction in Washington, I must be able to count on your IMMEDIATE action.

With only about 36 hours left, time is running out. So please chip in $20.16 to my campaign's "NSA Spying Showdown" Money Bomb right away, and then forward this email to everyone you know.

Our Founders were willing to give up everything to ensure Americans' God-given rights were protected -- ultimately drawing a line in the sand AGAINST any government encroachment on our freedoms with the Bill of Rights.

Today, the Bill of Rights is under assault like never before by members of BOTH parties. And the Fourth Amendment right to privacy against government intrusion is at the top of their list.

Instead of hauling in the NSA lawbreakers who crafted these ILLEGAL domestic spying programs -- and then lied about it before Congress -- my colleagues in the Senate are now looking for ways to excuse and extend the schemes.

They tell you and me we have to give up every bit of our Liberty for security -- while ignoring the fact the FBI admitted this program has cracked exactly ZERO terrorist plots!

You and I don't have to give up one ounce of our Liberty for security.

But it's up to you and me to ensure our government spends its time targeting those who are truly dangerous -- instead of fumbling through law-abiding American citizens' phone records.

This is not a fight you and I can ignore.

It strikes to the very heart of what it means to be an American.

I believe free people can best live their lives out from under the control or watchful eye of government bureaucrats.

But the Washington Machine believes security can only be had in the arms of Big Brother.

If the American people buy this lie, I fear our fragile Republic may not long survive.

We must fight back.

Please chip in a contribution of $20.16 to my "NSA Spying Showdown" Money Bomb right away.

In Liberty,

Rand Paul

No comments: