Welcome to my blog

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Tell Congress not to reauthorize the spying provisions of the Patriot Act

From Rand2016:

Washington, D.C. doesn't need a massive, illegal and unconstitutional domestic spying program to "listen" to the American people.

They could do so right now.

They could heed the voices of millions of true patriots like you from all over the country and stop ANY reauthorization of the so-called "PATRIOT Act's" spying provisions.

With so-called "PATRIOT Act" spying provisions expiring on May 31st, I'm going to lead the fight against any attempt to extend this dangerous scheme and filibuster with everything I have.

I promise they will hear us. I promise they will not be able to just brush you and me aside.

If they're going to continue this unconstitutional madness, they're going to have to railroad me in front of millions of Americans who want our federal government to start obeying the law.

This is a defining moment for you and me.

The Big Government establishment of BOTH parties is furious.

They know last week's court decision declaring the NSA's metadata program ILLEGAL gave you and me a massive shot of momentum.

Instead of hauling in federal lawbreakers before Congress, they just want to paper over the NSA's domestic spying programs and keep the status quo.

I guess they want us to think the Founding Fathers would be just fine with the Big Brother surveillance state they imagine for this country!

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Founders included the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution because they understood that as soon as government bureaucrats know exactly how we live our lives, it won't be long until they try to run them.

Almost every conservative I know opposes national gun registration.

They know that's just the first step toward firearm confiscation.

These NSA spying programs effectively allow the government to register and catalogue everything we do!

I'm not backing down, but I must be able to count on you to stand with me.

The only way Washington, D.C. will ever change is if you and I keep fighting to change it.

Please sign your STOP SPYING ON INNOCENT AMERICANS petitionnow.

And if possible, please agree to your most generous contribution to help me reach out and mobilize even more Americans.

There's not much time before the May 19th deadline, so please act right away.

Thank you for all you do.

In Liberty,

Rand Paul

No comments: