Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Keep the pressure on the Senate to let the Patriot Act expire

From Rand 2016:

The clock is ticking and I need your help.

When the Senate returns from recess on May 31st, just 8 hours remain for the spy state apologists to try and cobble together a deal to extend the so-called "PATRIOT Act" and illegal domestic spying.

I just finished my interview on Fox News Channel's The Kelly File and I am emailing to ask for your immediate support to turn up the pressure on the Senate to end illegal domestic spying once-and-for-all.

Can I count on you to stand with me by adding your name to my fight to put a stop to the NSA’s bulk data collection program?

And after you join the fight, please chip in your most generous contribution to my campaign’s "Swamp the Senate" Money Bomb.

With just days remaining before the deadline, I need to prove to my colleagues the American people are calling for their government to abide by the Bill of Rights.

That’s why I need your immediate support for my campaign’s money bomb.

Defenders of the surveillance state were FURIOUS when I stood on the Senate floor for 10.5 hours and forced a delay in voting on extending the so-called "PATRIOT Act."

And they were scrambling when just past one in the morning on Saturday, I led my colleagues in objecting to every proposed extension of illegal spying.

But deadlines are when the Washington Machine and its allies in Congress exert pressure on my colleagues to roll over and "pass something."

The Obama administration is even claiming this program is necessary to stop terrorist attacks.

But a Justice Department Inspector General Report revealed ZERO cases where the NSA’s illegal bulk data collection program prevented a terrorist attack.

In fact, our government was so bogged down sifting through innocent Americans' electronic communications that it missed a foreign intelligence service tipping us off about the Boston bomber.

The time to end this illegal domestic spying is right now.

And with only 8 hours of floor time until the so-called "PATRIOT Act" expires on June 1st at 12:01 AM, this is a fight you and I can win.

But I need to know you stand with me.

Please add your name to this fight right away.

And after you add your name, chip in a contribution to my campaign’s "Swamp the Senate" Money Bomb today.

Your support will allow me to reach true patriots from coast to coast to turn up the heat on the Senate to finally END illegal domestic spying.

So please stand with me today.

In Liberty,

Rand Paul

No comments: