Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Repeal Obamacare

From RandPAC:

Is the fight to repeal ObamaCare over?

Is this disastrous law – that's driving up health insurance premiums, costing jobs and wrecking our economy – now cemented in the federal law books forever?

I can't tell you how many times I've read news headlines in the press over these past several weeks that some even in my own party are just "giving up!"

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this fight is NOT over.

In fact, I believe this November could be a major turning point in this battle!

And if you agree, I need to hear from you right away.

If you still believe – like I do – that we simply cannot rest until ObamaCare is repealed, won't you please sign your "Stand With Rand® to Repeal ObamaCare" petition IMMEDIATELY?

I know exactly what our media is trying to do with their flood of stories in recent weeks.

It's to make people forget all about, "If you like your health insurance, you can keep it." It's to take what should be the most powerful issue in the 2014 elections off the table.

You and I can't let them.

As a practicing ophthalmologist for 17 years – specializing in cataract and glaucoma surgeries, LASIK procedures, and corneal transplants – the ObamaCare issue really hits home for me.

In fact, ObamaCare was a key reason I decided to run for the U.S. Senate in 2010. But whenever my schedule permits, I still perform free cataract surgeries for those without health insurance.

Sadly, many Americans who used to be happy with their health insurance are now finding themselves in that boat.

And as Forbes estimates, between six and seven million Americans have lost their health insurance due to ObamaCare.

So much for President Obama's false assurances. Now, the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office states that four million Americans will be forced to pay ObamaCare penalties!

I'm not sure there's any greater symbol of Washington, D.C.'s utter incompetence than the disaster you and I see unfolding with ObamaCare.

I know we're constantly told that politicians and bureaucrats know best. I know we're constantly told that if we'd just give up more of our freedom, then Washington, D.C. can "fix" our lives for us.

But it's exactly this kind of hubris that's brought our nation to the brink.

Today, our massive $17.5 TRILLION national debt continues to skyrocket as we see ObamaCare making our economic and healthcare problems even worse, including:

*** ObamaCare's $2.6 TRILLION in spending of money we don't have that will do absolutely NOTHING to improve American healthcare. In fact, the Congressional Budget Office reports that ten years from now, 31 million Americans will still be without health insurance!

*** Lost jobs and cut back hours as employers are forced to look for ways to keep their doors open while facing ObamaCare's tax and regulatory nightmare. Hardworking families, struggling to make ends meet, bear the brunt of it all.

*** Nearly 40% of American citizens out of the labor force – the highest number since the Carter presidency. In fact, our national economy shrank during the first quarter of 2014. Another quarter of negative growth will meet the economic definition of a recession.

As far as I'm concerned, the American people don't need to wait around for a government official to tell them things are bad. They already know it. They already feel it.

But instead of working to lighten government's load on the American people, the Obama administration is using little-known provisions in ObamaCare to bail out insurance companies with BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars.

That's why, just months ago, some Democrats were predicting the ObamaCare fiasco was going to "hit the fan” in November 2014 – and were desperately working to find some bipartisan "solution" to protect them against the American peoples' wrath at the ballot box.

As far as I'm concerned, the only solution is repeal. 100% repeal.

But now, some press reports are saying some members of my own Republican Party are giving up? Some of my colleagues are saying repealing ObamaCare is just "too hard?"

I guess they think the American people want mealy-mouthed policies and Big Government "compromise." But I think the American people want Washington, D.C. to stop making their lives harder!

Today, despite an all-out taxpayer-funded PR blitz by the Obama administration, polls show a clear majority of Americans oppose ObamaCare.

So I need you to help me stiffen my colleagues' spines and put every politician in Washington, D.C. on notice that you and I will not rest until ObamaCare is wiped off the books.

I'm afraid, without your action, our national media will get away with blurring the lines between all the damage President Obama and the Democrats have inflicted on our country and the limited government solutions I want our Republican Party to start offering.

I can't begin to explain what a DISASTER that would be.

If somehow Democrats don't pay a price in November 2014, I'm afraid ObamaCare will become even more cemented in federal law.

But if Republicans campaign loudly and clearly against this horrific healthcare scheme and triumph this November, I believe ObamaCare's days will be numbered.

That's why your action today is so critical.

Please sign your "Stand With Rand® to Repeal ObamaCare" petition right away. And if you possibly can, please agree to chip in whatever you can TODAY.

Using mail, email, Internet ads and phone banks, my hope is to mobilize an army of Americans nationwide who – like me – insist on nothing less than 100% repeal of ObamaCare.

The petitions I generate from these liberty-loving Americans will help me as I fight to ensure my Republican Party stays 100% committed to ObamaCare repeal AND ensure Democrats have nowhere to run from the national healthcare disaster they've caused as November 2014 approaches.

But I can't do it without your support.

So in addition to your signed "Stand With Rand® to Repeal ObamaCare" petition, won't you please agree to chip in a contribution of $20 at once?

I know that's a lot – it's much more than you've given in the past.

But I believe November 2014 will be a turning point in our fight against President Obama's national healthcare takeover.

Either you and I will take a massive step toward wiping this law off the books. Or ObamaCare will become even more entrenched in federal law. Those are the stakes.

But if $20 is just too much, won't you please agree to chip in a contribution of $10 or $5 right away?

I'm not about to give up this fight.

If you agree, please stand with me today. Please agree to chip in a contribution of $20, $10 or at least $5 TODAY!

In liberty,

Senator Rand Paul (R - Kentucky)

P.S. If somehow Democrats don't pay a price in November 2014, I'm afraid ObamaCare will become even more cemented in federal law. But if Republicans campaign loudly and clearly against this horrific healthcare scheme and triumph this November, I believe ObamaCare's days will be numbered.

But I need your help today to ensure our Republican Party stays 100% committed to wiping ObamaCare off the books!

So please sign your "Stand With Rand® to Repeal ObamaCare" petition right away. And if you possibly can, please agree to chip in a contribution of $20, $10 or at least $5 TODAY.

No comments: